Monday, March 14, 2005

Deborah Elizabeth Finn: Podcasting for nonprofits: "Next big thing," or merely "flavor of the month?"

Deborah Elizabeth Finn: Podcasting for nonprofits: "Next big thing," or merely "flavor of the month?": "Deborah Elizabeth Finn

Podcasting for nonprofits: 'Next big thing,' or merely 'flavor of the month?'
Perhaps it's a matter of cognitive style. I tend to be a visual learner, preferring text and graphics to audio input,* so I feel under-qualified to judge whether mission-based organizations should invest their resources in podcasting.

Although I'm a techie, I have an odd streak of Luddism when it comes to new media. I may turn out to be immune to the charm of podcasting, but that would not surprise my loved ones, in that I stopped watching television in the late 1970s.

However, in theory, I do like the idea of enabling individuals and organizations to be audio broadcasters, operating independently of traditional gatekeepers such as major networks"

No comments: