Wednesday, May 07, 2008

( ) Nurturing a New Generation of Donors: Gift for Mother’s Day - Waldo County Citizen Opinions - WaldoSoup

( ) Nurturing a New Generation of Donors: Gift for Mother’s Day - Waldo County Citizen Opinions - WaldoSoup: "As adults, what are we doing to nurture a new generation of donors, and can we do more? Charity, after all, begins at home.

So, in 2005, I made the following proposition to my then-18-year old daughter: From now on, each Christmas, Mother’s Day and on my birthday, please do not buy me presents. Instead, I asked her to take the money intended for gifts and select one or more nonprofits that hold special meaning to her and give to that nonprofit to support their mission. Each year from then on, I said, my “gifts” will go to the nonprofits of her choice."

No comments: