Tuesday, June 28, 2011

GoLocalProv | Politics | PowerPlayer: Kate Brock

GoLocalProv | Politics | PowerPlayer: Kate Brock: "My story is this: when I was twelve I spent five mornings a week for several months volunteering at the Amos House. Day in and day out, I cut vegetables, organized the stock room and served meals in South Providence. And each one of those days, I would see people who didn’t have enough to eat. Kids, just like me, who, if not for the charity of others, would go to bed hungry. And the only difference between us was that I was born to a different family in another neighborhood. This violated the fundamental value of fairness that I had been taught to cherish. It also taught me that through simple acts, cutting vegetables, or spooning mashed potatoes onto a plate, a single person could ease the suffering of another."

No comments: