Friday, April 15, 2016

The Power of an Authentic Fundraiser: Reflections on a Distinguished Career As Told by John Scales - Association of Fundraising Professionals - Greater Houston Chapter

The Power of an Authentic Fundraiser: Reflections on a Distinguished Career As Told by John Scales - Association of Fundraising Professionals - Greater Houston Chapter



Throughout the different campaigns and shops where John has worked, he credits the Association of Fundraising Professionals with providing the advancement opportunities and networks that ultimately helped him get there. As John explained:

I think I was one of the early members of the National Society for Fundraising Executives. That was the society which preceded AFP. In my first role, I was fortunate that Byron Welch worked with us as a consultant. He encouraged me to join and I still have my membership card. It only has 3 numbers and was within the first 1,000 people! I have to give Byron the credit because he helped me understand the value of this group. It gave me leadership opportunities and a vast network for support

No comments: